Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Talk Like Jane Austen Day

_____________________________________

I came across this announcement when I was doing my daily Jane Austen blogosphere reading, and it sounds truly delightful to me!

October 30th 

 To celebrate the 299th anniversary of the publication of 
Sense and Sensibility, Jane's first novel in print


Go for a long walk, visit friends, and Talk Like Jane Austen

This page has much information on exactly how you can speak as Jane would have. For example, never use contractions, such as "isn't" -- it would be "is not." There's even a link to Doctor Johnson's Dictionary of the English Language

I think I'm going to have fun with this! Perhaps have a tea, or some such thing.

Do take a look! It will only take a few moments.

__________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment