Thursday, June 19, 2014

JASNA's 'Persuasions On-Line'

I may be the last person to discover that all the previous issues of Persuasions On-Line are on JASNA's website, but they are there and I want to share my excitement!

They can be found here: The Jane Austen Society of North America - Persuasions On-line



JASNA's description:
"Persuasions: The Jane Austen Journal On-Line (ISSN 1559-7520) is the electronic journal of JASNA.  It is published each December 16 and made freely accessible as part of JASNA’s outreach mission.  All prior numbers will be maintained here indefinitely."



To clarify, these online issues do not contain the pieces written for the physical editions of Persuasions. But there are many great pieces in these online issues as well! As JASNA states these are available for anyone to read for free and you do not need to be a member of JASNA.

The papers published in Persuasions and Persuasions On-Line are informative and perceptive, and for me they have made becoming a member of JASNA worth every penny! I read a piece from the latest Persuasions issue titled 'Why Edward Ferrars Doesn't Dance' by Theresa Kenney that opened up a whole new window on my reading of Sense and Sensibility and how Jane structured this novel, and it increased my appreciation of Edward himself. These papers can be somewhat scholarly and are often written by professors, but they are nevertheless very readable (and enjoyable!).

So to discover more about Jane, her novels and her world, read on and enjoy!

And here is another link to Persuasions On-Line.


{ If I have any mistakes in my information, please comment or contact me! I'm not always sure I perfectly comprehend everything I read. :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment