Monday, May 17, 2010

The Jane Austen Blend

"The post office is a wonderful establishment! The regularity and dispatch of it! If one thinks of all that it has to do, and all that it does so well, it is really astonishing!"
- Jane Fairfax, Emma

Today I received a much-anticipated package in the post: my order of "Jane Austen Blend" tea!!


I first discovered it while visiting the tea room of the Jane Austen Centre in Bath. It's the most delicious Chinese tea I've ever had! I've always thought the tea served in the many Chinese restaurants of California tasted very good, and this is the ultimate. Who'd have thought I'd find it in the guise of a Jane Austen blend? That figures. Especially in my case.

But the tea room was clean out of this tea! So as soon I came home, I Googled it and discovered it's made by Gillard's of Bath and can be ordered online! Why it's taken me a year to finally order it? Your guess is as good as mine...

I made a cup of it this afternoon and it still has the delightful flavor that I remember.

If you'd like to order some yourself (which I recommend), you can find it at: gillards.co.uk

"So seldom that any negligence or blunder appears! So seldom that a letter, among the thousands that are constantly passing about the kingdom, is ever carried wrong -- and not one in a million, I suppose, actually lost! And when one considers the variety of hands, and of bad hands too, that are to be deciphered, it increases the wonder."

No comments:

Post a Comment